- In the United States alone, 1.5 million people are estimated homeless
- An estimated 25% of homeless are single women and 23% are families with children
- Over 92% of homeless mothers have experienced severe physical and/or sexual abuse during their lifetime
- Domestic violence is a leading cause of homelessness among women
- Over half of the 37 million Americans living in poverty today are women.
Sisterhood in the City is a ministry to women who are struggling with homelessness, extreme poverty and abuse and are in desperate need to feel loved and cared for. Focusing on the essential physical and spiritual needs of the these women, our outreach events include coat/blanket drives, hygiene pack distribution, homeless camp visitation, Sisterhood gatherings and partnership with local women’s shelters.
How To Help
Pray for the women and girls in your community and beyond who are in desperate need of the love of Jesus. Pray for those who are homeless, hiding in shelters, and living in poverty. Pray that we as a sisterhood will be aware of the needs around us and respond to God’s voice to make a difference.
$12 per month/$144 annually can help Sisterhood in the city provide up to 5 roller backpacks filled with essential items for the girls in our area who long for a dignified way to carry their few belongings and assist the Designed Sisterhood as we continue to bring hope and the light of Jesus to those who need it most.