- In the United States alone, 1.5 million people are estimated homeless
- An estimated 25% of homeless are single women and 23% are families with children
- Over 92% of homeless mothers have experienced severe physical and/or sexual abuse during their lifetime
- Domestic violence is a leading cause of homelessness among women
- Over half of the 37 million Americans living in poverty today are women.
Compassion extension of the Designed Sisterhood through our Sisterhood Cares and Sisterhood in the City initiatives.
Sisterhood in the city
How To Help
Pray for the women and girls in your community and beyond who are in desperate need of a touch from Jesus – physically, spiritually, and emotionally. Pray that we as a sisterhood will be aware of the needs around us and respond to God’s voice to make a difference.
$12 per month/$144 annually can help Sisterhood Outreach in its efforts to support and encourage girls who are experiencing significant physical and emotional challenges.
We would love to connect with you.
If you are walking through a crisis, the Sisterhood Cares Team would love to pray for you. Email the prayer team at [email protected]